Approximately 1% of the water treated is used for drinking and cooking purposes. The mains that carry water to our homes often leach harmful pollutants into the water supply, which increases as the pipes age. A significant percentage of existing pipes are made of asbestos fibre cement.
The increase in population is placing a greater demand on water supplies and industrial waste, tips leaching, chemical spills, excessive herbicide, pesticide sprays, chemical dumps, and sewerage have all contributed to our underground aquifer being seriously affected by pollution, harmful bacteria, and cysts.
Treated water supplies use the deadly poison CHLORINE to kill cysts, bacteria, and viruses. Research has proved that chlorine forms carcinogenic compounds such as trihalomethanes and chloroforms and when mixed with organic matter can cause different forms of cancer.
The most sophisticated water treatment plants in the world are unable to stop a number of unwanted diseases and chemicals from entering our water. Parasites and cysts such as GIARDIA and CHRYPTOSPORIDIUM are resistant to chlorine. This is why the amount of chlorine used is increased. When washing concrete with chlorine, care must be taken not to erode the concrete. Chlorine also kills Vitamin E and other vitamins. Animals prefer chlorine-free water.